10 Things to Do Labor Day Weekend
Posted on August 19, 2021 If Labor Day weekend is the “unofficial” end of summer, then you’ll want to plan a three-day getaway that positively packs in the fun!
Hit the beach, brave a roller coaster, enjoy some live tunes. From thrilling to relaxing, there are plenty of ways to make the long holiday weekend special.
Top 10 Labor Day Weekend Activities
- Start the weekend early with a Friday night double-feature under the stars at Holiday Drive-In Movie Theater!
- Savor local sips and live music! Monkey Hollow Winery and Distillery will host local music on Saturday, September 4, while Pepper’s Ridge Winery welcomes performers on both Saturday and Sunday, September 5.
- Get your weekend thrills at Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari. Soar through the sky on the Thunderbird roller coaster or race to a wet and wild finish on Cheetah Chase. Plus, don’t forget to enjoy Kids World activities!
- If you’re a ticket holder, experience the sold-out Southern Accents: A Tribute to Tom Petty, at Lincoln Amphitheatre on Saturday, September 4.
- Enjoy one last beach day! The beach at Lake Lincoln inside Lincoln State Park closes for the season after Labor Day.
- Spend the day at Beloved Farms for the Family + Wine Festival on Saturday, September 4. Mom and Dad can enjoy local wine tastings, the kids can have fun with inflatables and outdoor games. And the whole family can indulge in ice cream!
- Rock out on Sunday, September 5, at the Blues on the Rock Music Festival! The family-friendly music festival will showcase five bands, plus food trucks, vendors, and more.
- Horse around at Santa’s Stables! Take a relaxing weekend ride along some of the area’s loveliest trails.
- Labor Day weekend is a great time for golf! Hit the links at the area’s two great courses, Christmas Lake Golf Club and The Rustic Golf Course.
- Cool down with a sweet treat from Santa’s Candy Castle… we recommend the frozen hot chocolate!
Enjoy the long weekend!