Just Like Home
Posted on August 10, 2022 What's the first thing on your travel to-do list? It's probably finding a great place to stay. And for many families, a vacation rental is a great option for when you want to stay someplace that's "just like home"!
Why Choose a Vacation Rental?
There are plenty of reasons that a vacation rental could be the right choice for your family:
No crowds. At a vacation rental, you and your family are the only guests. So, it’s a great way to ensure some quality family time!
A relaxing stay. Many vacation rentals in this area are in secluded, country settings. What could be better after a long day of sightseeing and fun than returning to your own private retreat?
An affordable option. Traveling with extended family? A vacation rental is a great way to house a crowd on a budget. Plus, think of all the money you’ll save cooking your own meals in the onsite kitchen!
Your Home Away from Home
If you’re planning your visit to Santa Claus, Indiana, and sites throughout Lincoln’s Indiana Boyhood Home, you’ll have plenty of vacation rental options to choose from.
Alpha Air – Located on a small farm, this unique rental is home to several cows, a bull, two donkeys… plus, pups Rex and Toby will be there to greet you on arrival!
Blackhawk Creek – Another farm home, this one offers original hardwood floors inside and a quaint gazebo (and gorgeous views) outside.
Christmas Cottage – Another great choice for Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari visitors—it’s right across the road from the park! The spacious backyard (with firepit, covered shelter, and more) is a perk, too.
The Family Oasis
- As cozy outside as it is inside! Dine outside at the covered picnic table. Then snuggle up around the firepit for a little family time under the stars.
Gingerbread House – If you’re headed to Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari, this is a great place to stay—it’s located right near the front entrance of the park!
- Tucked away in a country setting just steps away from Lincoln Boyhood National Memorial, the renovated home features antique furnishings and retro touches throughout.
Holiday Guest House Suites – This unique rental features two homey units, patio and deck areas, and is close to the area’s most popular attractions.
Hollow Creek Cabin
- This cabin home is nestled in a secluded country setting and features tons of great amenities, including a fireplace, chef-style kitchen, basement game room, outdoor firepit, and more.
Homegrown Holiday House
- The roomy home features tons of great amenities... including a garden that guests are welcome to pick from!
- With a screened-in porch, wraparound deck, lake activities, tiki bar, and hot tub, this pet-friendly vacation home is a great place to stay and
- Beautifully decorated, the country home features a great outdoor area with a deck, dining area, and firepit.
Mistletoe Manor – Bring the whole family and all your friends, too! This luxurious home sleeps up to 21 guests, sits on nine acres, and includes a stocked pond for fishing on site.
- This home is right across the road from Holiday World & Splashin' Safari and offers easy access to the area's other top attractions, shopping, and more.
The Potter Cottage – Just outside the town of Santa Claus, this home offers a basement game area, two decks for outdoor relaxation, and a lake for fishing.
Spencer County Rentals - Chrisney
- This home is more than 100 years old but is beautifully decorated and updated with all the modern amenities guests expect.
Spencer County Rentals - Dale
- This vacation rental boasts a great location—walking distance to chain restaurants and just a short drive to Holiday World & Splashin' Safari.
Wilmes Farmhouse – This 1900’s farmhouse offers old-fashioned charm—but all the amenities modern travelers expect! Enjoy country views from the front porch swing, or have a picnic under a shade tree.
"X" Marks the Spot Vacation Rental
- Just over one mile from Holiday World & Splashin' Safari in a quaint country setting with outdoor firepit area, this vacation rental is a perfect place for families.
Live Like a Local
By giving you that “home away from home” experience, a vacation rental lets you live like a local during your visit. And if you want a local’s insider knowledge, visit our “What’s Open” page so you know exactly where to go and when!