Close your eyes and imagine the smell of charcoal wafting through the trees. Or think about a campfire sparking to life and watching the dancing flames. Can you taste the salty, grilled taste of hot dogs and hamburgers, fresh off the grill?
It’s now the season of outdoor cooking and time to celebrate.
We’ve compiled a list of places to stay and get your “grill” on:
- Santa’s Lakeside Cottages offers grills at each cabin. Take your deliciously grilled items for a picnic in Elf Park!
- Not only is Lake Rudolph Campground & RV Resort filled with campfires for roasting marshmallows, but each site is equipped with a grill, too.
- The new cabins at Lincoln Pines Lakefront Resort, offer grills at each spot, plus the brand-new kitchen right inside.
- Whether you’re staying at Lincoln State Park or visiting, you can get your “grill” on. Guests will find grills at sites and near the beach.
- Vacation rentals provide a wonderful home-away-from-home atmosphere. This includes a grill, of course! Options include The Holiday House, Wilmes Farmhouse, NorthStar Vacation Rental, and Holiday Guest House Suites.
If grilling isn’t you thing, that’s okay because there are plenty of local dining options just minutes from wherever you may stay. Browse our full list of restaurants near Santa Claus, Indiana, and sites throughout Lincoln’s Indiana Boyhood Home here.