Posted on February 15, 2023
1. What Time is it There? Spencer County is in the Central time zone, but a neighboring county operates in the Eastern time zone. So, if your phone’s set to automatically change time zones, you might see it switch back and forth while you’re traveling through the area.
2. What’s Open When? Hours of operation for this area’s attractions and restaurants can change from month to month, and many businesses operate seasonally. Summer is considered peak season, so most places will be open daily. In the fall and winter, many go to a weekend-only schedule. Keep an eye on our What’s Open page and check in with specific businesses as you make travel plans.
3. What’s the Weather Like? Trying to decide when to visit? If roller coasters and water rides are your thing (and you can handle the heat), a summer visit might be right for you. Love cooler weather and Christmas? Come see us for a Fall-O-Weekend getaway or during the Santa Claus Christmas Celebration.
4. Want to Create the Perfect Itinerary? The My Trip Planner tool is a free and easy way to build your itinerary. Browse our website to add the attractions, shopping, restaurants, and events that you don’t want to miss. Then email the itinerary to yourself… and everyone else in your travel group.
5. Where Should I Stay? You have a lot of choices! Cabins and cottages are always a fun option for families. Many of the area’s vacation rentals are perfect when you’re traveling with a larger group. And if you’re looking for more traditional lodging, there are several hotels and motels in the area to choose from.