Whether you’re traveling with youngsters or you’re just young-at-heart, this area has tons of kid-friendly things to do!
Discover outdoor activities, fun with animals, and more kiddo-approved trip ideas…
12 Places to Have Kid-Friendly Fun
- Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari – You’ll find rides for little kids, rides for big kids… and rides for adults who want to feel like kids again. Be sure to check out Kids World on select weekends in August and September for magic shows, jugglers, balloon artists, and more.
- Lincoln State Park – Spend a day at the beach, rent a kayak or paddleboat (the duck boat is especially fun), or hit the trails. If your kids love the outdoors, they’ll love all there is to do at Lincoln State Park!
- Santa’s Stables – A fun place for tots to teens! Younger kids will delight in meeting Donut (be sure to bring along some of his namesake treat to feed him). Older kids will happily put down their phones in exchange for a ride through the woods. Plus, there are pony rides available for the littlest guests.
- Holiday Drive-In Movie Theater – Great movies (from cartoons to classics), popcorn and goodies galore, staying up late for a double feature. A night out at Holiday Drive-In is a kid’s dream!
- Santa Claus Museum & Village – Want a spot on Santa’s good list? Write a letter at the town’s original post office, and you’re well on your way! Plus, you’ll get a response from Santa’s elves by Christmas. (There’s no age limit, so little and big believers are welcome to write letters!)
- Santa Claus Christmas Store – The lights, the decorations, the collectible villages… visiting the store is an experience for all ages. But the big draw for the kiddos has got to be the store’s giant cookies!
- Living Historical Farm at Lincoln Boyhood National Memorial – Marvel at the beautiful horses, watch sheep romp and play, get up close and personal with the chickens. You never know what animal friends you might meet at the farm! Plus, costumed interpreters are on hand for fun activities.
- Santa’s TOYS – Kids. Toys. Need we say more? The store offers nearly 3,000 specialty toys, including STEM options, and encourages young visitors to play while they browse.
- Lincoln Pioneer Village & Museum – Who says fun can’t be educational, too? At Lincoln Pioneer Village & Museum, kids can explore 13 replica cabins inside and out and get a glimpse of how a young Abe Lincoln might have lived during his time in Indiana.
- Santa’s Candy Castle – Young kids can find the newest and most popular candies available today. Big kids (aka, adults!) can find nostalgic favorites from their younger years. And all ages will happily risk brain freeze for the famous frozen hot chocolate!
- Community Parks – The local parks in this area are free, fun, and packed with things to do for all ages. Younger kids will get a kick out of the playgrounds, and tweens and teens can hit the basketball court or even play a game of disc golf!
- Frosty’s Fun Center – Pizza, ice cream, arcade games—three things that almost any kid can appreciate! And you can find them all at Frosty’s Fun Center.
Plan Your Kid-Friendly Visit
A truly family-friendly visit begins with the perfect accommodations. You’ll find kid-friendly places to stay offering great amenities like pools, playgrounds, and even train rides.
And when the crew gets hungry, find a place to eat that’s sure to satisfy even the youngest and pickiest eaters!