Fun and frights collide during Halloween in Santa Claus, Indiana, and sites throughout Lincoln’s Indiana Boyhood Home. This weekend is full of Halloween events and activities to choose from.
HERE’S YOUR LIST OF ULTIMATE HALLOWEEN WEEKEND EVENTS!
FRIDAY, OCTOBER 25:
Begin your weekend with some of these fall-tastic activities and events!
- The best views come after the hardest climb. Hike up to the top of the fire tower at Lincoln State Park to see the beautiful fall foliage from among the treetops.
- Head to the New Boston Tavern for their famous tenderloin sandwich (It was nominated as one of the best tenderloins in the state!) or charcoal-grilled pork chops and steaks.
- Just down the road, enjoy trick or treating from 6:00-7:00 pm CT! And from 7:00-11:00 pm CT there is a full scare Haunted Trail at St. Peter’s United Church. More details here.
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 26:
From the thrills and chills at Holiday World to history and Halloween fun, there’s something for everyone today!
- Ride roller coasters, make your way through a corn maze, and chat with Gourdon, the talking pumpkin, at Holiday World’s Happy Halloween Weekends. Make sure you have tons of fun – this is the last operating weekend of the season!
- Add a little history and educational fun to your holiday weekend. Spend the day at Lincoln Pioneer Village & Museum during the annual Fall Heritage Day. The village comes alive with costumed interpreters, an encampment, demonstrations, and more.
- Celebrate the gorgeous autumn weather at Monkey Hollow Winery and Distillery for live music, a bounce house, and pumpkin painting for kids of all ages from 11:30 am – 6:00 pm CT. There will also be seasonal cocktails and drink specials available for adults 21 and over.
- Finish your day with this family-friendly Halloween event, All Hallows’ Eve, at the Santa Claus Museum & Village. Listen closely as storyteller Susan Fowler holds a lantern-lit reading of The Legend of Sleepy Hollow inside the historic Santa Claus Church. Afterward, the Headless Horseman will make an appearance!
SUNDAY, OCTOBER 27:
This Sunday funday is for tons of Halloween activities, candy, and delicious sweets!
- Complete your Halloween weekend with candy! Yellig Park Trick-Or-Treat is ideal for kids of all ages, and also features inflatables for kids before the trick-or-treating begins.
- Treat yourself to the flavors of fall at Santa’s Candy Castle. Choose from over 30 varieties of sweet, creamy hot chocolates. The caramel apple popcorn will tantalize your taste buds!
- Check out Kid’s Days at Pumpkins and More Farm Market. The free event features hayrides and seasonal kid’s activities like pumpkin bowling and pumpkin checkers.
- From 7:00-10:00 pm Pumpkins and More Farm Market will be hosting a “Haunted Barn” event!
Don’t wait to plan your trip full of frights and delights under the moonlight! Your family will make priceless memories during Halloween in America’s Christmas Hometown.
Book your stay this weekend for the entire family at any of the nearby cabins, cottages, hotels, and vacation rentals!