February is filled with fun things to do ranging from dinner theaters to memorials honoring local history.
Visit Santa Claus, Indiana, and sites throughout Lincoln’s Indiana Boyhood Home for a ton of February fun!
Dress to the nines and get ready to solve a crime at Murder Out of Time: A Murder Mystery Dinner Theater. Savor a delicious catered meal while interacting with the characters to solve the murder mystery. Guests are encouraged to dress for the New Year’s Eve theme.
The 2018 Lincoln Day program will include a presentation of the colors by the Sons of Union Veterans of the Civil War. Special music and other ceremonial activities will honor the memory of the Lincoln family and the time they spent in Spencer County, Indiana.
February 10, 11, 17, and 18
Head to Monkey Hollow Winery and Distillery for Chocolate Lover’s Weekend. The event takes place on two weekends, so you can pick what works best for you and your Valentine! Try a new specialty cocktail, or indulge in wine and chocolate.
Dr. Gregory Ellison II will deliver, “Vocations of Resistance: The Problems of Fit and Flat,” for the annual Black History Lecture at Saint Meinrad Seminary and School of Theology. Ellison’s research focuses on caring with marginalized populations, pastoral care as social activism, and 20th- and 21st-century mysticism.
Other things to do this month:
- In addition to Lincoln’s birthday, February is full of other historical markers, too. Learn how you can help to commemorate them here.
- When the sun comes out, hit the links at Christmas Lake Golf Course. Afterwards, warm up with refreshments at the 19th Hole.
- Take a self-guided tour of the Saint Meinrad Archabbey. The stately sandstone buildings are beautiful during every season.
- Sip locally produced wine in the cozy tasting room at Pepper’s Ridge Winery. They have wine slushies, too!
- Get out of the house and take a winter hike.