The Santa Claus Christmas Celebration is a town-wide celebration spanning the first three weekends of December. Many area businesses and organizations will host events and special activities to celebrate the festive season. Find out what you won’t want to miss and what to add to your family’s bucket list!
Christmastime in Santa Claus, Indiana
- Experience the shining story of Rudolph while driving through the Santa Claus Land of Lights at Lake Rudolph Campground & RV Resort.
- Every year, a new holiday postmark is designed by a local high school art student as part of an annual contest. The 2019 postmark design can be seen here.
- Receive an official Good List Certificate when you visit Santa’s Candy Castle to “Chat with an Elf on the North Pole Network.”
- Your little ones will love having breakfast with Santa!
- Going to a holiday party and need the perfect gift? Pick up a bottle of wine at Monkey Hollow Winery and Distillery.
- Candle lanterns will light the way as you walk the path to the 1820s frontier cabin at the Living Historical Farm inside nearby Lincoln Boyhood National Memorial for the Candlelight Walk event.
- Santa Claus is in town… visit with him and take home a picture from the Santa Claus Christmas Store.
- Shop handmade gifts at the massive Santa Claus Arts & Crafts Show at the Heritage Hills Middle School Gym.
- Turn into your favorite animal, character, or superhero when you get your face painted at Evergreen Boutique & Christmas Shop.
- Santa’s Elves have been responding to letters since the 1930s! Write your letter to Santa by December 20, 2019, at the Santa Claus Museum & Village and you’ll receive a reply before Christmas.
- Enjoy an interactive storytelling event to hear how the one-and-only town of Santa Claus got its name at the Santa Claus Museum & Village.
- The Lincoln Boyhood Drama Association presents Scrooge’s Christmas. Find out more information.
- Warm-up by the fire while roasting chestnuts at Santa’s Candy Castle.
- Drive through the beloved Festival of Lights inside Christmas Lake Village.
- Eat, drink, and be merry. Learn about the wine that compliments your holiday meal at Pepper’s Ridge Winery.
- In Rockport, stroll through 13 Lincoln-era replica cabins inside Lincoln Pioneer Village & Museum during the Treemendous Christmas in the Village.
- Itching for a holiday festivity that ignites your competitive side? Then the Nightmare Before Christmas Golf Scramble is for you.
- Don’t miss the annual Santa Claus Christmas Parade, celebrating 25 years this year. Admire the Christmassy floats and collect candy with loved ones!
No need to limit your visit to just one day! Book a holiday package during the Christmas season to make the most of the various special events and activities with your family and friends.
- Visit the Rockport Comfort Inn & Suites during the first three weekends of December and receive discounted holiday rates.
- Book a Christmas package at Santa’s Lakeside Cottages to receive a coupon to drive through the Santa Claus Land of Lights for a blissful family weekend getaway.
- Enjoy a buffet-style Christmas dinner with Santa when you book a Christmas package at Santa’s Lodge.
- Have breakfast with Santa when you choose Rudolph’s Christmas Package at Lake Rudolph Campground & RV Resort.
- Big families or groups of friends will love Lincoln Pines Lakefront Resort. The Christmas package includes a ticket to the Santa Claus Land of Lights!
The events vary throughout the holiday season. Be sure to check the full list of current events for more information on specific dates and current details.