Posted on March 16, 2023
Warmer days are starting to make an appearance around here. And bitterly cold days are becoming fewer, fingers crossed. That can mean only one thing: Spring is here!
(Of course, we’re not putting our parkas and boots away just yet... this is southern Indiana, after all!)
If you’re ready to shake off the winter blues, here are seven reasons to start thinking spring.
1. Hikes at Lincoln State Park and Lincoln Boyhood National Memorial are about to get a lot more colorful. The scenery will start greening up before too long, and dogwood and redbud trees will soon add a splash of their vibrant hues to the landscape.
2. Spring is a time of rebirth and renewal… and a great time to revamp your closet! Evergreen Boutique & Christmas Shop has just what you need to add a special spring touch to your wardrobe.
4. Warmer weather means the return of outdoor dining! Find the best places to dine outside, from favorite restaurants to prime picnic spots.
5. Earth Day is an important day to mark during Spring. Explore the outdoors and appreciate all our planet has to offer.
6. Shed winter pounds when you get active at one of the area’s many community parks. Hit the walking trails at Jim Yellig Park. Enjoy a round of disc golf at Grandview Park. Or play like a kid again on the playground at Dale Park. See all parks and other outdoor recreation.
7. Take a trip back in time when Lincoln Pioneer Village & Museum hosts its popular Spring Heritage Day every May. Enjoy a day of fun and education for all ages, including costumed interpreters, kids’ activities, food, music, and more.