54 Things To Do
Posted on February 3, 2022
If you like holiday spirit and historical experiences with your summer fun, then you've come to the right place! Santa Claus, Indiana, and the sites throughout Lincoln's Indiana Boyhood Home offer something interesting for everyone in the family. Start planning your itinerary with these 54 things to do.
54 Fun Things to Do
- Send a postcard from the Santa Claus Post Office, the only post office in the world with the Santa Claus name. Postcards may be purchased at the Santa Claus Christmas Store, Evergreen Boutique & Christmas Shop, Holiday Foods, the Santa Claus Museum & Village, and more.
- Satisfy your adrenaline craving with a ride on the Thunderbird roller coaster at Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari. It goes from zero to 60 in about three seconds and has several loops, rolls, twists, and turns!
- Take a trip back in time when you roam the 13 Lincoln-era replica cabins at Lincoln Pioneer Village & Museum.
- Everyone loves pizza, right? Sink your teeth into a fresh pizza from one of the local hot spots: Angelo’s Pizza, S&S BBQ & Pizzeria, Brothers Grub, Frosty’s Fun Center, Hoosier Land Pizza & Wings, or Jenk’s Pizza.
- Pack a cooler, lay under a blanket of stars, and catch the latest flicks at the Holiday Drive-In Movie Theater.
- Stop by the Visitors Bureau, located next to the Santa Claus Christmas Store, for free maps, business hours, brochures, trip tips, and more. We love to meet visitors, and we’ve been asked just about every question under the sun. So, we’ve got answers!
- Hike one (or all!) of the many thriving, scenic trails at Lincoln Boyhood National Memorial and Lincoln State Park.
- Visit Lincoln Landing where Abe launched his flatboat trip to New Orleans.
- Browse a selection of over 8,000 ornaments at the Santa Claus Christmas Store. Have one personalized (for free!) for a special souvenir you’ll cherish for years to come.
- Want to tap into your inner cowboy or cowgirl? Take a friendly, relaxing horseback ride through the winding trails at Santa’s Stables.
- Don’t miss your chance to play a round of golf at the championship Christmas Lake Golf Club.
- You can’t leave the Santa Claus area without having a Frozen Hot Chocolate from Santa’s Candy Castle. And then enjoy another; it’s hard to stop at one!
- Plan a picnic and a day of play at one of the area's beautiful community parks.
- Marvel at the inside of the 1880 Santa Claus Church at the Santa Claus Museum & Village.
- Enjoy some creamy, hand-scooped ice cream from Frosty’s Fun Center—we’d recommend trying the Dirty Frosty Sundae.
- Tour the Bicentennial Plaza commemorating Abe Lincoln’s 200th birthday, inside Lincoln State Park.
- “Oooh” and “ahhh” during the Holidays in the Sky Drone and Fireworks Spectacular at Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari.
- Discover the beauty of the picturesque Saint Meinrad Archabbey, one of only two in the U.S., and home to nearly one hundred Benedictine monks.
- Learn about the town’s magical history at the Santa Claus Museum & Village.
- Unwind with complimentary wine tastings at the secluded Pepper’s Ridge Winery while enjoying the countryside scenery.
- See the memorial grave marker of Honest Abe’s mother, Nancy Hanks, at Lincoln Boyhood National Memorial.
- Take a peaceful walk or drive along the Ohio River Scenic Byway. It’s also a great spot for picnics!
- Relive history during Spring Heritage Day at Lincoln Pioneer Village & Museum. Enjoy costumed interpreters, demonstrators, kids’ activities, and more.
- Stop at Pumpkins and More Farm Market to browse handmade crafts or pick up some fresh, locally grown produce.
- Discover a piece of local history and view the Huffman Covered Bridge.
- Have a scoop (or two) of ice cream at Scoops Ice Cream.
- Walk through interactive exhibits at the Nature Center inside Lincoln State Park. The whole family can learn about the different animals and plants that lived during the Lincoln-era as well as the ones that are still flourishing now.
- Stay at Santa’s Lakeside Cottages where you can fish in the on-site lakes.
- See the Historic Santa Statue that stands at twenty-two feet at the Santa Claus Museum & Village. This is a great photo op! Make sure to take a #SantaSelfie and share it with us.
- Have the sweetest time at Santa’s Candy Castle. You’ll find everything from old-fashioned favorites to trendy treats.
- Need a little retail therapy? Whether you’re shopping for a stylish outfit for yourself or a gift for someone else, Evergreen Boutique & Christmas Shop has a variety of beautiful, hand-selected items and Christmas-themed trinkets.
- Visit the Living Historical Farm at Lincoln Boyhood National Memorial. There, you will find friendly reenactors dressed in period clothing performing chores pioneer-style, just how Lincoln and his family would have done in the 1800s.
- Ride the Mammoth, the world’s longest water coaster at Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari.
- Shop for inspirational gifts at the Saint Meinrad Archabbey Gift Shop.
- Cruise the local backroads and stop by Monkey Hollow Winery and Distillery. Enjoy live music on select dates throughout the year.
- Lounge on the beach or doggie paddle around Lake Lincoln at Lincoln State Park.
- See a hutch Abe’s father, Thomas Lincoln, built on display at Lincoln Pioneer Village & Museum. His craftsmanship was stunning!
- Enjoy mini golf, cornhole, arts and crafts, movies, golf cart parades, and more when you stay at Sun Outdoors Lake Rudolph.
- Discover the best local meats, produce, and gifts—and enjoy some ice cream while you shop—at Beloved Farms.
- Practice your swing and play like a pro at The Rustic Golf Course.
- The divine fudge and cookies at Santa Claus Christmas Store are delicious—you just might want to try them all!
- Have a picnic at Lincoln Ferry Park and watch the steamboats travel down the Ohio River.
- Groups of 15 or more can tour Dr. Ted’s Musical Marvels and view the large collection of vintage musical instruments.
- Stop in the Spencer County Visitors Bureau office (located right next door the Santa Claus Christmas Store) to pick up brochures and get answers to your questions about the area.
- Write a free letter to Santa at the Santa Claus Museum & Village. Every letter receives a response by Christmas!
- Santa’s Lodge, Baymont Inn & Suites, Rockport Quality Inn & Suites, and other local lodging offer swimming pools. Find the perfect place to just keep swimming!
- When your family needs to refuel, find the best eats in the area.
- Tour Indiana’s first national park, Lincoln Boyhood National Memorial, and view interactive exhibits and a short educational film at the Visitor Center.
- Ride three of the best wooden roller coasters on the planet at Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari.
- Mark your calendar for fun—check out events happening during your visit.
- Traveling with the kiddos? Find tons of fun kid-friendly things to do throughout the area.
- Take selfies or family photos with all the Santa statues around town! Can you find all of them? (This video can help!)
- Enjoy a scenic, delightful drive to one of several locally owned restaurants, like The Chateau, The Rustic, New Boston Tavern, and more. See a complete list of dining options here.
- Visit the nation’s largest roofed amphitheater, Lincoln Amphitheatre, to catch nationally touring music acts throughout the summer and fall.
If that’s not enough fun for you, be sure to check out our list of 100 Things to Do