We know how tough it is to find the perfect gift for Father’s Day! He’s done so much through the years – spending (lots and lots of) time, money, energy – so you want to make his day special and let him know he’s genuinely appreciated!
Here are 6 great ideas that you and Dad can enjoy doing together!
- Does your dad like to golf? Hit the links with dad at Christmas Lake Golf Course or The Rustic Golf Course. Both golf courses also have restaurants on site!
- Abraham Lincoln moved to Indiana with his father when he was just seven years old. Explore the grounds Abe and his father once walked with your dad. Enjoy fishing and paddle boating on Lake Lincoln at Lincoln State Park or experience life as the pioneers lived at the Living Historical Farm inside the Lincoln Boyhood National Memorial.
- Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari is an excellent spot for wild rides like the Thunderbird and The Voyage for the thrill-seeking dads out there.
- A more grown-up gift idea could include a stop by one of the two local wineries – Pepper’s Ridge Winery and Monkey Hollow Winery and Distillery. Both wineries offer complimentary tastings and often include live music on Saturdays.
- Have a movie night at the Holiday Drive-In! When having a movie night, you can add in some fun snacks that are themed for the movie or dad’s choice.
- Sometimes taking the time to grab some food together is just what any dad wants. Visit Brick Oven Pizza for some tasty pizza and ice cream to share. Or check out any of these other local restaurants!
No matter what you choose to do, remember that time spent together will make it memorable!