Pack a thermos and hit the trails.
Experience hiking from a new perspective. If you enjoyed our previous blog post about the Top 10 Reasons to Take a Winter Hike, we added 5 more reasons.
- Your furry friends are welcome on the trails throughout Santa Claus, the many woodsy trails inside Lincoln Boyhood National Memorial, and over 10 miles of trails inside Lincoln State Park. Dogs can typically spend more time in colder weather since it keeps them from overheating.
- During the winter season, there are fewer crowds, which means more trail time! We all love an open and private trail so enjoy this time to be at one with the beautiful nature.
- The natural glow from the sunshine on the sparkling snow and trees provides a perfect #nofilter picture.
- Lakes are a highlight of many hikes. Explore the 2,026-acre Lincoln State Park and experience irresistible views of Lake Lincoln.
- Did you know, by hiking in the winter you burn more calories as your body works harder to stay warm? Get that full body workout you have been looking for.
Don’t wait until the weather is warmer to work out. Start your summer fitness plan today by taking a hike this winter!