Just because summer has ended doesn’t mean the fun stops. We are fortunate to experience all four seasons, and there are plenty of family-friendly activities to enjoy throughout fall.
Here are 20 ideas to get you started, but keep checking the events page for more to come:
- Enjoy a Halloween classic at one of the most scenic outdoor venues in Indiana! The Lincoln Amphitheatre will be hosting a Ghostbusters movie night.
- Look forward to tons of fall events at Pumpkins and More Farm Market such as Kid’s Days, a craft show, and a “Haunted Barn.” Experience yummy autumn food, pumpkin painting, hayrides, games, and more!
- There are reindeer lost in Santa Claus, Indiana! Use an adventure map and special glasses, to help find Santa’s lost reindeer. Find out more about this special event.
- Take advantage of free admission to Lincoln Boyhood National Memorial. The leaves are just starting to change, and the temperature is perfect for exploring Lincoln’s boyhood home.
- Experience the gorgeous fall foliage while horseback riding through the countryside at Santa’s Stables.
- Join the Friends of Lincoln State Park for fall fun! Kids of all ages can enjoy hayrides, pumpkin painting, crafts, and games at the Friends Fall Frolic event.
- Happy Halloween Weekends at Holiday World includes many of the rides you love plus plenty of seasonal activities, including corn mazes, hayrides, and more.
- Escape to Lake Rudolph Campground & RV Resort for weekends of Halloween family fun.Don’t forget your costume!
- Taste delectable fall flavors from Santa’s Candy Castle. Our mouths are watering just thinking about crunchy popcorn with caramel apple flavoring, saltwater taffy that tastes like candy corn, and pumpkin-flavored cocoa.
- Bring the whole family to the Fall Heritage Day at Lincoln Pioneer Village & Museum as the village comes to life with reenactors, pioneer demonstrations, kids‘ activities, and more.
- Enjoy a beer garden, free admission, and rock classics during the 9th annual St. Meinrad Rocks Festival.
- Take a stroll through the Spencer County October Fest for pumpkin painting, kids’ fall crafts, a derby, tons of great festival food, and more.
- Join the fun and celebrate Mt. Zion’s 39th Applefest. Don’t forget to check out Indiana’s largest apple pie!
- Visit one (or both!) of our local wineries, Pepper’s Ridge Winery, and Monkey Hollow Winery and Distillery. The changing season brings a new lineup of wines that pair perfectly with falling leaves, crackling fires, and sweater-wearing days.
- It’s time to celebrate the beautiful fall season at Monkey Hollow Winery and Distillery for a Harvest Party! Family-friendly activities include a bounce house, pumpkin painting, live music, food, and much more.
- Channel your inner adventurer at Santa’s Express Ziplines, rock wall climbing, and bungee trampolines.
- Walk one (or all six) of the beautiful trails at Lincoln State Park. Can you imagine the breathtaking view from atop the fire tower during this time of year?
- All Hallows’ Eve at the Santa Claus Museum & Village is a crowd favorite. Storyteller Susan Fowler will hold a lantern-lit reading of the classic ghost story, The Legend of Sleepy Hollow. You won’t want to miss the headless horseman at the end of the story.
- Take in the crisp fall air as you tour the grounds of the beautiful Saint Meinrad Archabbey.
- Did you know the white cushaw squash was a common vegetable that Thomas Lincoln grew? Learn more at the 4th Annual Cushaw Squash Festival!
Check out our “My Trip Planner” tool to start planning your fall getaway. Follow the links above and once on the page, click “Add to Planner” to begin creating your trip. For more information about the “My Trip Planner” tool, click here.