In Santa Claus, Indiana, and at sites throughout Lincoln’s Indiana Boyhood Home, you won’t just find the great outdoors—you’ll find the greatest outdoors! From horseback rides and golfing to hikes with a history lesson, there are so many ways to explore and enjoy this area.
Here’s where to find fresh air, sunshine, and plenty of outdoor fun!
10 Ways to Explore and Experience the Greatest Outdoors
- Hike, bike, fish, camp—there are so many things to do at Lincoln State Park!
- Hit the links at Christmas Lake Golf Club for a championship-level experience among some of southern Indiana’s most gorgeous scenery.
- If you love nature as much as you love history, Lincoln Boyhood National Memorial is the place for you. Learn about Abe Lincoln’s life as you hike the park’s scenic trails.
- Hit the road and discover stunning views (and great photo opportunities) all along the Ohio River Scenic Byway.
- Have some old-fashioned family fun when you catch a flick under the stars at Holiday Drive-In Movie Theater.
- Plan an impromptu picnic—grab some takeout from one of the area’s amazing restaurants and find a private outdoor spot where you can enjoy it.
- Play a relaxing round of golf at The Rustic while taking in the natural wooded surroundings.
- Saddle up at Santa’s Stables for a family-friendly horseback riding adventure on quaint trails winding through beautiful wooded surroundings.
- See how many Santa statues you can find throughout the town and snap (and share!) a #SantaSelfie. Need assistance with your search? This video can help!
- Spend some family time fireside at one of the area’s cottages and cabins or campgrounds.
Enjoy Outdoor Fun Right Now
There are so many outdoor activities and experiences that your family can enjoy right now! To find out what’s open when ahead of your visit, be sure to check out our “What’s Open” page for the latest hours of operation for area attractions.