What to Do This Weekend
Posted on May 11, 2017
From the first-ever Lincoln Land Drone Fest to celebrating mothers, there is a lot to do in the area this weekend. Local attractions are opening for the summer season, and the weekend forecast looks perfect for getting outside to enjoy all the fun. With temperatures in the mid 70s to low 80s, Saturday and Sunday provide a wonderful opportunity to enjoy outdoor activities.
Six Ways to Make the Most of this Weekend:
- The inaugural Lincoln Land Drone Fest and Santa Claus Cup drone race launches on Saturday, May 13, at 10:00 am CT. This free event is for families and drone enthusiasts. With hands-on demonstrations, a professional drone race, and a drone golf ball drop for all levels, the fest offers something for all ages.
- Saddle up on a friendly horse at Santa’s Stables and meander through trails full of budding scenery.
- Don’t forget Mother's Day is Sunday. The Chateau and St. Nick's Restaurant are both offering Mother's Day buffets. You could select the perfect gift at Evergreen Boutique & Christmas Shop. Or take her for a walk and enjoy spring weather at Lincoln State Park.
- Venture out to explore 14 Lincoln-era replica cabins at the Lincoln Pioneer Village & Museum.
- Take advantage of the sunshine and enjoy your favorite rides at Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari. From the thrills of Thunderbird to floating in the Bahari Wave Pool, you can enjoy two amazing parks for the price of one.
- Grab a blanket and snuggle up in your car while you watch the big stars on the big screen at the Holiday Drive-In Movie Theater. Take in a double feature right under a sky full of stars.
There’s a lot more to check out this week. Visit our flyer filled with the hours of operation for local attractions here