Posted on August 21, 2023
With a theme park, a national park, and a state park, the Santa Claus, Indiana, area is rich with outdoor spots to explore throughout the year. But when the calendar flips to fall, the great outdoors turn into the greatest outdoors!
From Halloween-themed sights at Holiday World to fall colors on brilliant display at Lincoln State Park, here’s where to go to experience the season in all its glory.
2. Book a fall getaway at one of the area’s cottages or cabins and enjoy quality time around the campfire every night. Don’t forget to bring the s’mores fixins’!
4. Think drive-in movies are just for summer? Pack up some blankets and head to Holiday Drive-In for a magical movie night under the fall night sky!
5. Gorgeous fall colors? Scenic hiking trails? Boat rides and fishing at the lake? Fun family activities? Lincoln State Park has it all for fall!
8. Live music just seems to sound better outside. And at Lincoln Amphitheatre, you can enjoy the beautiful surroundings of Lincoln State Park as you enjoy the show on stage! See the performance schedule for the remainder of the 2023 season.
9. The good thing about fall in the Santa Claus, Indiana, area is that the weather typically stays mild. And that means it’s perfect weather for sipping outside at Monkey Hollow Winery and Distillery and Pepper’s Ridge Winery.
10. There’s more than just colorful leaves to discover during a fall hike at Lincoln Boyhood National Memorial. Check out the Living Historical Farm, pay your respects at Nancy Hanks Lincoln’s gravesite, and more!
From the perfect place to stay to the best places to find comfort food, our trip planner can help you build a fantastic fall getaway to the Santa Claus, Indiana, area. Take a quick tour of the trip planner and then start creating your itinerary.