23 Things to Do in 2023
Posted on January 4, 2023
What’s on your 2023 travel wish list? If it includes thrilling coaster rides, sunny beach days, Christmas cheer (even in the middle of summer), and history lessons that are informative and fun… well, your wishes are about to come true.
Your 2023 itinerary starts right here. And it’s packed with family-friendly things to do in Santa Claus, Indiana, and at sites throughout Lincoln’s Indiana Boyhood Home!
23 Things to Do in the Santa Claus, Indiana, Area
- Take wild rides both dry (Thunderbird) and wet (Cheetah Chase) at Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari. And don’t forget to check out the Holidays in the Sky Drone and Fireworks Spectacular, June 17 – July 30.
- Tour the museum and cabins at Lincoln Pioneer Village & Museum to see what Lincoln’s Indiana life was like.
- Satisfy your sweet tooth (and your inner child!) when you indulge in classic sweets, hand-made chocolates, frozen hot chocolate, and more at Santa’s Candy Castle.
- Support local farmers and food producers when you shop for meats, cheeses, produce, and more at Beloved Farms, Dale Farm Market, Lakeview Orchards, Pumpkins & More Farm Market, and Steckler Grassfed Farms.
- Get a complimentary taste of local favorites at Monkey Hollow Winery and Distillery and Pepper’s Ridge Winery.
- Rent a bike at Santa Claus Hardware and then hit the trails to take a scenic ride all throughout the area.
- Visit Lincoln State Park to relax on the beach, paddle around the lake, take a hike through the woods, or experience the Nature Center.
- Stay in a hotel, cabin, or vacation rental that’s close to Holiday World and all the area’s other great attractions.
- Explore the grounds of the beautiful and peaceful Saint Meinrad Archabbey and attend mass with the monks while you’re there.
- Pack plenty of quarters and check out the arcade games at Frosty’s Fun Center. (Plus, treat yourself to pizza and ice cream while you’re there!)
- Catch a movie night under the stars with the whole family, even the four-legged members—well-behaved pets are always welcome at Holiday Drive-In!
- Learn about the town, write a letter to Santa, and grab a photo of the 22-foot-tall Historic Santa Statue at the Santa Claus Museum & Village.
- See what’s on tap and sample great local craft beers at the Santa Claus Brewing Co. and River City Brew Works.
- Plan a picnic or a day of play for the kiddos at one of the area’s beautiful community parks.
- Hit the links at Christmas Lake Golf Club and The Rustic Golf Course—then enjoy a fantastic meal at the onsite restaurants.
- Shop for a great accent piece for your home at Beverly J. Ellen, a festive keepsake at Darlena’s Holiday and Gift Shoppe, a trendy new outfit at Evergreen Boutique & Christmas Shop, and a fun and educational toy at Santa’s TOYS.
- Hike to the Living Historical Farm at Lincoln Boyhood National Memorial to mingle with the farm animals and meet costumed rangers.
- Plan a special celebration, family event, or other group gathering at Corner House Event Barn or Matilda’s Event Barn.
- Enjoy an onsite waterpark, swimming, mini golf, paddle boating, planned activities, and more when you stay (and play!) at Sun Outdoors Lake Rudolph.
- Fill up on all your favorites at one of the many amazing restaurants located near Holiday World and other attractions throughout the area.
- Have an ornament personalized at the Santa Claus Christmas Store as a special memento from your visit to America’s Christmas Hometown.
- Experience live entertainment throughout the summer and fall at Lincoln Amphitheatre located in the very woods where a young Abraham Lincoln spent his boyhood.
- Watch this video for tips on discovering the 20+ Santa statues located throughout town. And don’t forget to snap a #SantaSelfie with the ones you find!
It’s Time to Plan Your 2023 Visit
Ready to build your itinerary? Our trip planner tool is a great place to start! Browse lodging, attractions, restaurants, and events to build your own custom itinerary.
Want to stay up-to-date on what’s happening throughout the Santa Claus, Indiana, area? Sign up for the eNewsletter to have travel tips, trip ideas, and more delivered right to your inbox.