What’s happening in and near Santa Claus, Indiana, in April? Lots of things to do, fun events, and entertaining weekends! So, start planning your itinerary now.
8 April Things to Do in and Near Santa Claus, Indiana
- Santa’s Stables is ready to ride! Reservations are now being accepted for horseback rides on weekends throughout April. Visiting with little ones? Santa’s Stables offers pony rides, too!
- Visit the Living Historical Farm at Lincoln Boyhood National Memorial. The recreated 1830s homestead will be staffed with costumed interpreters beginning April 10.
- If you like live entertainment with your wine tastings, you’re in luck. Head to Monkey Hollow Winery and Distillery and Pepper’s Ridge Winery on Saturdays in April to hear live, local musicians. If it’s a warm day, have a picnic outside!
- S&S BBQ & Pizzeria opens with the full menu and full service in its new Santa Claus location on April 7. Be first in line to try their amazing BBQ pork and pizza!
- Springtime is prime golfing time! Tee off for 18 holes at Christmas Lake Golf Club or nine at The Rustic Golf Course. Then reward yourself for playing your best at their onsite restaurants.
- The Easter Bunny is coming to Jim Yellig Park on April 16 for Spring Flings & Easter Things. Kids of all ages can participate in an egg hunt and games, visit a petting zoo, and more!
- Flex your car knowledge during the Flex Your Muscle Car Show at Santa’s Lodge on April 30. Exhibit your own car or just enjoy the day as a spectator. And everyone can fill up on food truck favorites available throughout the day!
- It’s the last day of the month, but it still counts—the Santa Claus Christmas Store opens for the season on April 30! Shop the huge selection of Christmas ornaments and décor. And don’t forget to grab a giant cookie or some fudge for the trip back home!
Find a Place to Stay a While
Need a place to stay during your April visit? Santa’s Lakeside Cottages is offering discounted rates and free Saturday morning train rides on the Reindeer Express in April and May (see lodging website for details). Lincoln Pines Lakefront Resort is also offering a discounted rate for three-night stays in April (see lodging website for details).
Camp comfortably when Sun Outdoors Lake Rudolph begins its season on April 29! Plan a stay in one of their charming cottages, or bring your own RV.