Have you ever heard the words FUN and FREE used in the same sentence? Well, it happens around here quite a lot.
Take a look at some of the things your family can enjoy without spending a dime:
- Tour the Santa Claus Museum & Village and write a letter to Santa. It’s never too early to get your Christmas wishes to Santa. Many families make this an annual tradition.
- It would spoil all the fun if we told you where they all were, but see how many Santa statues your family can spot around town. Great pics for scrapbooking when you get home.
- Take a self-guided tour of Saint Meinrad Archabbey, one of only two remaining in the United States.
- Santa’s Candy Castle is free to tour, but don’t be surprised if you just have to purchase a frozen hot chocolate.
It’s always free to browse! Check out souvenir and gift items at these local shops:
- Evergreen Boutique
- Santa Claus Christmas Store
- Saint Meinrad Archabbey Gift Shop
- Pumpkins and More Farm Market
- Santa’s TOYS (Trip Tip: They have demo toys you can test, too!)
Enjoy complimentary wine tasting at local wineries:
- Monkey Hollow Winery and Distillery
- Pepper’s Ridge Winery
Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari are proud of the value they offer families. They offer free parking, free unlimited soft drinks, free sunscreen, and free Wi-Fi, with ticket purchase.
See all local things to do here.
This blog has been updated from March 2015.