Posted on August 4, 2023
Labor Day weekend is seen by many as the kickoff to the fall season, even though here in southern Indiana, temperatures are typically scorching! It’s also seen as summer’s last hurrah—and the last chance for families to enjoy a getaway together.
Haven’t made your plans yet? We have 10 good reasons why you should make a Labor Day weekend getaway to the Santa Claus, Indiana, area!
2. It’s your last chance to enjoy a beach day! The beach at Lake Lincoln inside Lincoln State Park will close for the season after Labor Day.
3. Enjoy breakfast for a good cause! Heritage Hills Baptist Church is hosting a Pancake Breakfast benefiting Isaiah 117 House on Saturday, September 2.
4. Labor Day weekend is a great time to be outside—especially when you’re watchinga double-feature under the stars at Holiday Drive-In!
9. The Wine Fest at Beloved Farms on Saturday, September 2, has something for everyone. Grown-ups can sip delicious wines, shop, and enjoy live music. The kiddos can enjoy ice cream, inflatables, and activities just for them!
10. The weather doesn’t always cooperate over a holiday weekend. But you won’t lack things to do if you have to wait out the rain. Shop ’til you drop at great stores throughout the area. Get your sugar fix with a frozen hot chocolate from Santa’s Candy Castle or giant cookie from the Santa Claus Christmas Store. Create a paint-your-own masterpiece at Good Life Designs. Learn about the town of Santa Claus (and write a letter to Santa) at the Santa Claus Museum & Village.
The perfect Labor Day weekend getaway starts with finding a great place to stay. And no matter what kind of lodging you’re looking for, you’ll find hotels, cabins, and a variety of places to stay in the Santa Claus, Indiana, area.
Choose a hotel or motel with all the amenities you expect. Opt for a vacation rental to ensure you have all the comforts of home. Get back to nature at one of the area’s campgrounds. Or cozy up in a cottage or cabin for a stay that’s all about family togetherness.