Posted on July 12, 2023
In a town called Santa Claus, Indiana, the Christmas spirit is present all year long. And Christmas in July is one of our favorite times to celebrate!
If you like warm, sunny weather with your holiday spirit, July is a great time to visit. And here are some ways to ensure you have an extra festive time while you’re in town!
1. Plan a Festive Stay. Looking for lodging that’s decked out for the holidays even in summer? Santa’s Lodge and Santa’s Lakeside Cottages feature fun Christmas-themed décor inside and out. And vacation rentals like Christmas Cottage and Mistletoe Manor will make you feel like you’re enjoying a family holiday at home!
2. Write Your Wish List. What could be Christmas-ier than writing a letter to Santa? At the Santa Claus Museum & Village, you can write a letter in the town’s original post office. You’ll receive a response by Christmas—and it will include the annual picture postmark available exclusively during December from the town’s current Santa Claus Post Office!
3. Cool Down with Hot Chocolate. Hot chocolate in summer? It’s not for everyone. But FROZEN hot chocolate in July? That’s the good stuff! Find the favorite frozen treat at Santa’s Candy Castle… then shop the huge selection of new and old-fashioned candies for stocking stuffers.
4. Trim Your Tree. Just because it’s July doesn’t mean you can’t start planning for December’s Christmas tree. You’ll find the perfect ornament at Santa Claus Christmas Store. There are nearly 8,000 to choose from. And many are available personalized for free!
5. Get on Santa’s Nice List. While you're at the Santa Claus Christmas Store, don't forget to visit with the jolly elf himself. Check out our "What's Open" page to see when Santa is available.
6. Christmas Shop ’til You Drop. The holidays seem to come faster every year. Wouldn’t it be great to have your shopping list knocked out in July? Find a great new outfit or accessory for Mom or Sis at Evergreen Boutique & Christmas Shop. And check out Santa’s TOYS for the most amazing selection of gifts for the kids in your life.
7. Experience a Summer “Frost.” When it’s time for a break from the July heat, head to a place that’s fit for the famous snowman. Frosty’s Fun Center welcomes visitors with a menu of ice cream, pizza, and sandwiches. Stick around for a while to play in the arcade and soak up the A/C!
8. Find a World of Family Fun. At Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari, you’ll see Christmas around every corner (along with sections of the park themed for Thanksgiving, Halloween, and even the Fourth July). And just like the holidays themselves, Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari is all about making family memories!
9. Take a Seasonal Swing. Christmas Lake Golf Club is open year ’round, so you can absolutely hit the course during the holidays. But if you prefer to tee off on a sunny summer day, then make sure the course is on your Christmas in July itinerary!
10. Search for Santa Statues. In America’s Christmas Hometown, there are 20+ Santa statues standing in front of area stores, lodging, and even the town’s fire department! Want to find them all? This video can help!
You don’t want to miss a minute of the festive fun this area has to offer. So, use our Trip Planner tool to create the perfect Christmas in July itinerary!