Looking for ways to save money on your vacation? There are plenty of fun things to do during your trip that won’t break the bank. Five dollars can go a long way!
Here’s what five dollars (or less!) will get you:
- Entrance to Lincoln Boyhood National Boyhood is free! Explore the museum, watch a film, and visit all of the animals and reenactors at the Living Historical Farm all for free! There are plenty of hiking trails and picnic spots, too.
- Purchase a $5 kid’s ticket for a double feature at Holiday Drive-In Movie Theater. Adult tickets are $10, but you get to see two movies for the price of one!
- Explore artifacts from Abe Lincoln’s time! Admission to Lincoln Pioneer Village & Museum is $3 for kids and $5 for adults.
- Try a delicious hot chocolate or cappuccino at the Santa Claus Christmas Store.
- Take a ride with Foxy the pony for only $5 at Santa’s Stables.
- Tour Santa’s Candy Castle. There are a variety of candies, sweet treats, and stocking stuffers for $5 or less.
- Write a letter to Santa at the Santa Claus Museum & Village. Learn about the town history at the museum, and take a photo with the famed historic Santa statue. There is no admission fee to the Santa Claus Museum & Village, but donations are appreciated.
For just a couple dollars more…
- Visit Lincoln State Park and enjoy swimming or paddle boating at the beach, hiking trails, and so much more. In-state vehicles only pay $7; out-of-state vehicles pay $9.
- Local wineries, Pepper’s Ridge Winery and Monkey Hollow Winery and Distillery both offer free samples. Both locations also offer a variety of bottles for purchase in the $10 – $20 range, or purchase wine by the glass for $10 and less.
Remember to always check out our travel deals page before you visit for even more savings!
Updated May 2018.