The birds are chirping, the flowers are blooming, and seasonal attractions are ready to open. Spring has sprung!
Make the most of spring:
2. Spread a blanket on the ground under the stars and take in a movie at Holiday Drive-In. This classic experience is a wonderful way to enjoy a family movie night.
3. Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari opens May 5, 2018. Get ready to ride Thunderbird, the nation’s first launched roller coaster. Or for something tamer, take on spin on the HallowSwings.
4. Sit back, relax, and enjoy the wooded surroundings at Pepper’s Ridge Winery and Monkey Hollow Winery and Distillery. Sample local wines and relish the quiet countryside.
5. Get your hands dirty at the Living Historical Farm inside Indiana’s first national park. Rangers at Lincoln Boyhood National Memorial will begin planting gardens and field crops in mid-April.
6. Explore 13 Lincoln-era replica cabins at Lincoln Pioneer Village & Museum. Make plans to attend the Spring Heritage Days and Rendezvous May 19 – 20, 2018, to see period demonstrations like sheep shearing, candle making, and more.
8. Walk in the steps of Abraham Lincoln at Lincoln State Park where you can compare your height to that of Abe’s as he grew from a boy to a man and learn about the wildlife Mr. Lincoln would have encountered as a boy in Indiana.
9. Tour the beautiful grounds and historic buildings at Saint Meinrad Archabbey, home to nearly 100 Benedictine monks. This serene spot is one of a kind, and the gardens are beautiful.
10. A frozen hot chocolate is good in any season! Stop by Santa’s Candy Castle for this famous drink that will satisfy even the sweetest tooth.