From taking time to pay tribute to our nation’s fallen soldiers to spending the long weekend making memories with friends and family. There are many ways to mark the Memorial Day weekend.
And here are six ways to make the most of the weekend during your visit to Santa Claus, Indiana, and sites throughout Lincoln’s Indiana Boyhood Home.
6 Things to Do Over Memorial Day Weekend
- The beach at Lake Lincoln inside Lincoln State Park opens for the season this weekend. Bring a picnic lunch and enjoy a relaxing day of swimming and sunning.
- Ride the rails! The Lincoln Flyer Train Ride and Lincoln Sunset Express Train Ride both kick off on Saturday, May 28. And on Monday, May 30, hop on board for a Summer Concert and Train Ride.
- Treat yourself to an old-fashioned candy treat or a famous frozen hot chocolate when Santa’s Candy Castle opens for the season on May 28!
- Take a break at Monkey Hollow Winery and Distillery for live music on Saturday afternoon and local sips all weekend long.
- The whole family will find fun all weekend long at Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari. And beginning Monday, May 30, the parks are open daily!
- End the weekend with a visit to Lincoln Boyhood National Memorial. Take a moment at the flag to pay your respects to all those who served, fought, and sacrificed for our country.