Tourism businesses are preparing for the peak summer season in Spencer County with additions and enhancements totaling more than $9 million.
“Tourism businesses in Spencer County continue to develop and enhance properties in order to focus on exceptional visitor experiences,” says Melissa Arnold, executive director of the Spencer County Visitors Bureau. “Our local tourism industry is strong and it’s wonderful to see the continued growth.”
Tourism investments for 2019 include:
- Lincoln Pines Lakefront Resort added five cabins, a self-service laundry, a basketball court, a fountain in the lake, and more.
- Lincoln State Park added a wheelchair accessible fishing pier and a kayak launching dock as well as updated a bathhouse, planted new trees, and other enhancements.
- Mistletoe Manor, a vacation rental in Santa Claus, added new flooring and a new roof, updated the sunroom, and more.
- The Holiday Drive-In added a third concession stand and purchased a sixth projector.
- Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari added Santa’s Merry Marketplace, a new Kids World event, new cabanas, and completed retracking for the Voyage roller coaster.
- Lincoln Pioneer Village & Museum updated its restrooms and continued cabin restoration projects.
- Santa’s TOYS renovated the store, added new inventory, and launched a new website.
- Holiday Guest House Suites added new bedding and linens.
- Lake Rudolph Campground & RV Resort added 20 Holiday Cottages, 20 rental golf cars, and completed some infrastructure improvements.
- Santa’s Lakeside Cottages added two cottages, updated heating and air in all cottages, and made some other property enhancements.
- Santa’s Lodge updated restrooms, hallways, and windows near the indoor pool.
- Lincoln Amphitheatre purchased a new 38’ truss and new lights for productions, along with other venue investments.
Spencer County is home to nationally known attractions such as Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari, Lake Rudolph Campground & RV Resort, as well as national and state parks commemorating Lincoln’s Indiana Boyhood Home.