This day only comes around every 365 days but don’t let that stop you from celebrating any dads in your life as often as you choose! It’s a time to celebrate fatherhood.
Looking for a special way to celebrate fatherhood? Here are five ideas to make the guy feel extra special:
- Does your dad like animals? Try taking him on a trail ride atop one of the fun horses at Santa’s Stables. The scenery is gorgeous and it’s a nice to relax for a bit while enjoying the horse’s easygoing pace.
- Maybe your dad likes to golf any chance he gets? Hit the links with dad at Christmas Lake Golf Course or The Rustic Golf Course. Both golf courses also have restaurants on site!
- Abraham Lincoln moved to Indiana with his father when he was just seven years old. Explore the grounds Abe and his father once walked with your father at Lincoln State Park and Lincoln Boyhood National Memorial. Enjoy fishing and paddle boating on Lake Lincoln or experience life as the pioneers lived at the Living Historical Farm.
- Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari is a great spot for wild rides like the Thunderbird and The Voyage for the thrill-seeking dads out there. Or maybe he prefers to relax and float down the Bahari River or sit back and watch one of the many shows.
- A more grown-up gift idea could include a stop by one of the two local wineries – Pepper’s Ridge Winery and Monkey Hollow Winery and Distillery. Both wineries offer complimentary tastings and often include live music.
Just remember, no matter what you do, take time to enjoy any father figures in your life. Make memories together!