Not only is the month of February home to the most romantic day of the year, Valentine’s Day, but it is also one of the sweetest months of the year. Did you know that February is National Chocolate Lover’s Month?! So for all of you chocolate lovers out there, this one is for you
Here are 10 fun and interesting facts about chocolate!
1. The average American will eat about 10-12 pounds of chocolate per year. (Yummy! Hehe)
2. 600,000 tons is the average global consumption of cocoa beans per year.
3. Approximately 23 million Hershey Kisses are produced each day. (that’s a bunch of *kisses*)
4. Eating just one chocolate chip gives an average adult the needed energy to walk 150 feet.
5. Women crave chocolate more than men! (Go figure! LOL)
6. Chocolate contains antioxidants which may help prevent cancer and heart disease.
7. Chocolate is lower in caffeine than tea, coffee, and coca cola.
8. Chocolate is a natural form of anti-depressant. It produces serotonin; a chemical that elevates the mood. (What a happy chocolate fact!)
9. Chocolate manufacturers use 20% of the world’s peanuts and 40% of the world’s almonds.
10. In 1842, Cadbury’s in England created the world’s first chocolate bar. (Thank you!)
So, whether you love chocolate bars, chocolate cakes, chocolate chip cookies, or just a box of chocolate for Valentine’s Day, the month of February is definitely for you!
“Nine out of ten people like chocolate. The tenth person always lies.” – John Q. Tullius