With every degree drop on the thermometer, we’re inching closer to a special time of year. That’s right… fall is coming!
And we can’t wait! Because along with cooler temperatures, fall brings with it some favorite area activities and things to do.
The Fall 5
- Hot Cocoa at Santa’s Candy Castle. Look, the frozen hot chocolate at Santa’s Candy Castle is a can’t-miss… and you can certainly drink it in the fall. But there’s just something about sipping a hot beverage to warm you from the inside out. And with 35 hot cocoa flavors to choose from, you can sip all season long!
- Movie Night at Lincoln Amphitheatre. When October rolls around, it’s time to bundle up the family and head to Lincoln Amphitheatre to enjoy a favorite flick under the stars. This year, the parking lot is being turned into a drive-in theater for a 35th anniversary presentation of The Goonies on October 10.
- Fun for the Whole Family at Pumpkins & More Farm Market. You know a place named Pumpkins & More is going to have a great selection of… well, pumpkins. But during Kids Days (Sundays in October), they take things to a whole new level with family activities like pumpkin painting, pumpkin bowling, and, new for 2020, the Pumpkin Smasher (you’ll have to visit to find out just what that is!).
- Leaf Peeping at Lincoln State Park and Lincoln Boyhood National Memorial. A leisurely walk around the lake at Lincoln State Park rewards visitors with some of the prettiest views in the area. While across the road at Lincoln Boyhood National Memorial, you’ll want to snap a photo of the Living Historical Farm cabin—the fall foliage really makes it pop!
- Creative Costumes during Halloween Weekends. Halloween Weekends at Lake Rudolph Campground & RV Resort kick off September 18, and that means guests come prepared with incredible and inspired costumes you have to see to believe. From themed family costumes to dressed-up dogs, the creativity is off the charts!