The Santa Claus Christmas Celebration is a town-wide celebration spanning the first three weekends of December. Many of the town’s businesses will have events and special activities to celebrate the festive season in the one-and-only Santa Claus, Indiana.
- Experience the shining story of Rudolph while driving through the Santa Claus Land of Lights at Lake Rudolph Campground & RV Resort.
- Santa’s Elves have been responding to letters since the 1930s; write your letter to Santa by December 20, 2018, at the Santa Claus Museum & Village and you’ll receive a reply before Christmas.
- Visit the only post office in the world with Santa’s name for a special holiday postmark.
- Receive an official Good List Certificate when you visit Santa’s Candy Castle to “Chat with an Elf on the North Pole Network.”
- Going to a holiday party and need the perfect gift? Pick up a bottle of wine at Monkey Hollow Winery and Distillery.
- Santa Claus will be in town… visit with him and take home a picture at the Santa Claus Christmas Store.
- Shop handmade gifts at the Santa Claus Arts & Crafts show at the Heritage Hills Middle School Gym this year. Get details here.
- Traveling from out of town? Book a Christmas package at Santa’s Lakeside Cottages for a blissful family weekend getaway.
- Turn into your favorite animal, character, or superhero when you get your face painted at Evergreen Boutique & Christmas Shop.
- Hear how this unique town of Santa Claus got its name at the Santa Claus Museum & Village.
- Warm up by the fire while roasting chestnuts at Santa’s Candy Castle.
- Christmas packages are available…with cabins that can sleep, 10 people. Big families or groups of friends will love Lincoln Pines Lakefront Resort.
- Browse festive Christmas decorations and jolly holiday gifts at Evergreen Boutique & Christmas Shop.
- With amazing German food offerings and fresh baked goods, Das Nikolausfest welcomes you at St. Nicolas Catholic Church.
- There are Santa statues all around the town. When you find one, take a #SantaSelfie.
- Drive through the beloved Festival of Lights inside Christmas Lake Village. Find out when here.
- Enjoy a buffet-style Christmas dinner with Santa when you book a Christmas package at Santa’s Lodge.
- Eat, drink, and be merry. Find the wine that compliments your holiday meal at Pepper’s Ridge Winery.
- Stroll through 13 Lincoln-era replica cabins inside Lincoln Pioneer Village & Museum during the Treemendous Christmas in the Village.
- Pie, cookies, candy, oh my! Sweet treats can be found all around town.
- Itching for a holiday festivity that ignites your competitive side? Then the Nightmare Before Christmas Golf Scramble is for you.
- Have breakfast with Santa when you choose Rudolph’s Christmas Package at Lake Rudolph Campground & RV Resort.
- Admire the floats in the annual Santa Claus Christmas Parade. Get the details here.
- Hear your favorite Christmas carols by Bomar and Ritter performed in the historic Santa Claus Church.
- Visit the Rockport Comfort Inn & Suites during the first three weekends of December and receive discounted holiday rates.
The holidays are about making memories with the ones you love. So, don’t be a “Cotton Headed Ninny Muggin” and celebrate the Christmas season in Santa Claus, Indiana! Ask yourself, WWSD (What Would Santa Do)?
The events vary each weekend in December. Make sure to check the full list of current events for more information on specific dates and current details.
Explore holiday packages to make it a weekend to remember.
Subscribe to our e-newsletter to stay updated on the Santa Claus Christmas Celebration.
See you soon!
*This post was updated from an original post in November 2018.