Love dogs? So do we! National Dog Day is celebrated each year on August 26th. We have created a list of 10 paw’some ways to celebrate all week long.
Things to do with your fur baby:
- Send a dog-related gift to a friend or family member from Evergreen Boutique & Christmas Shop.
- Have a dog day party at Lincoln State Park and invite all your friends and their furry family!
- Enjoy the breathtaking scenery throughout the area and spend the day taking Instagram-worthy pictures of your four-legged pal. Tag photos with #DogsOfSouthernIndiana.
- Go camping with your dog at Lake Rudolph Campground & RV Resort, Lincoln State Park, or Oakridge Campground.
- Get some fun exercise in by taking your pup on a walk on the newly paved 1.6 miles trails through Santa Claus and explore the town.
- Furry friends are welcome to join you on the covered patio at Monkey Hollow Winery & Distillery. Listen to live music every Saturday!
- Take your best furry friend to the movies. No really; dogs are welcome to watch a movie under the stars at the Holiday Drive-In.
- Visit the Living Historical Farm and then hike the Trail of Twelve Stones and two other trails while stepping back in time to learn how the Lincolns lived 200 years ago. Pets are welcome at the Lincoln Boyhood National Memorial. But they must be on a 6-foot leash at all times.
- All this adventuring sure does work up an appetite, bring your dog along to grab a bite to eat at Fat Daddy’s Grill & Chill.
- Need a place to stay over the weekend with your furry friend? Motel 6 in Dale, Indiana, is a pet-friendly hotel!
But no matter how you decide to honor your dog on August 26, they’ll feel how much you love them, which is all that really matters. Click here to find out what’s open when for local attractions and restaurants in and around Santa Claus, Indiana, and sites throughout Lincoln’s Indiana Boyhood Home.