Summer has officially arrived and includes tons of fun activities! From live music to community celebrations, this month is going to be a fun one.
Here’s what to do in July:
- There are several events and activities for families visiting around the 4th of July. For a complete list of fireworks shows and other activities, check out this guide to celebrating Independence Day.
- The 4th of July isn’t the only time to see fireworks around here! For the entire month of July, Friday Night Fireworks at Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari light up the sky.
- Through Abe’s Eyes is an interactive experience with a Lincoln impersonator. He’ll be at the campground inside Lincoln State Park on July 7 and 28.
- Back by popular demand, “Young Abe Lincoln – An Encore Presentation” takes the stage at Lincoln Amphitheatre on July 5–7, and July 12–14.
- The 2018 Abraham Lincoln Freedom Festival is a full day of free, family-friendly fun. In addition to free admission to the event, enjoy free admission to the Lincoln Pioneer Village & Museum that day, too!
- Lincoln Boyhood National Memorial and the Association of Latin Americans in Southern Indiana are teaming up again to host Fiesta en el Parque on July 14. The free event is open to all.
- Max Weinberg’s Jukebox is more than a concert, it’s an interactive experience. Weinberg and his crack four-piece group invite the audience to decide which songs they’ll play next. The one-of-a-kind show can never be recreated.
- Jump on the soul train! If you love to groove to classic Motown and R&B hits, you’re in for a treat! Soul Pocket: A Tribute to Motown takes over Lincoln Amphitheatre on July 28.
- You can also catch live music every Saturday at Pepper’s Ridge Winery and Monkey Hollow Winery and Distillery.
Whether you’re interested in mingling with the locals or discovering something new on your trip, July is an excellent time for family fun in Santa Claus, Indiana, and Lincoln’s Indiana Boyhood Home.
Don’t wait to book your stay!