Although Labor Day Weekend has become known to some as the unofficial end to summer, it was originally dedicated to the American worker.
There’s a day dedicated to you, me, and all of the other hard-working people in the United States.
How should you celebrate Labor Day Weekend?
Well, we’ve got a few ideas.
Saturday, September 2, 2017
Pay tribute to two famously hard workers – Abe Lincoln and Santa Claus!
- Start your day at Santa Claus Museum & Village and Santa’s Candy Castle. Learn the history of the town, let the kids write a letter to Santa, and indulge in a few sweet treats, too!
- Work off some of those sweets with a hike through Lincoln Boyhood National Memorial. Visit the Living Historical Farm to see a Lincoln-era homestead, complete with horses, chickens, sheep, and other farm animals.
- Finish your day with a concert at Lincoln Amphitheatre inside Lincoln State Park. Music and movie lovers of all ages will be dazzled by the Evansville Philharmonic Orchestra: A Tribute to the Legendary Movie Music of John Williams. Expect to hear scores from Jaws, Jurassic Park, Star Wars, Superman, Harry Potter, Indiana Jones, and more!
Sunday, September 3, 2017
A unique Sunday fun-day filled with historical sights and more live music!
- Local wineries Pepper’s Ridge Winery and Monkey Hollow Winery & Distillery both offer complimentary wine tastings and gorgeous country settings. A bottle of wine from locally sourced fruits is the perfect memento to remember your trip.
- The Lincoln Pioneer Village & Museum is a must-see while visiting! The museum houses hundreds of artifacts from the area’s historic past, including a hutch built by Thomas Lincoln, Abe’s father.
- Just next door, you’ll find Blues on the Rock. The family-friendly music festival features live music all day, a beer and wine garden, and fun for the whole family.
Monday, September 4, 2017
A fun-filled day to celebrate all of your hard work!
- A trip to Santa Claus isn’t complete without a day spent at Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari. With free parking, free Wi-Fi, and free soft drinks, you won’t have to spend a bundle to have fun! Summer is almost over, take advantage of your opportunity to enjoy both parks on the same day.
- Don’t forget about souvenirs! There are plenty of shops to explore with local goodies, and you can even get a personalized ornament at the Santa Claus Christmas Store and Evergreen Boutique & Christmas Shop!
There are endless opportunities for fun and countless things to do while visiting Santa Claus, Indiana, and sites throughout Lincoln’s Indiana Boyhood Home.
Don’t wait to find overnight accommodations that fit your family’s needs!
Interested in planning other activities during your stay? The “My Trip Planner” tool can help!