When witches go riding, and black cats are seen, the moon laughs and whispers, “‘Tis near Halloween.”
Fun and frights collide during Halloween in Santa Claus, Indiana, and sites throughout Lincoln’s Indiana Boyhood Home.
Here’s your ultimate Halloween weekend itinerary:
- Head to the New Boston Tavern for their famous tenderloin sandwich (It was just nominated as one of the best tenderloins in the state!) or charcoal grilled pork chops and steaks.
- Just down the road, you’ll find Huffman Haunted Hollow. The free, family-friendly trail even offers a friendly Casper version so every member of the family is guaranteed fun.
- Pumpkin Painting with Santa and Mrs. Claus at the Santa Claus Christmas Store celebrates Halloween with a Christmas twist.
- Ride roller coasters, make your way through a corn maze, and chat with Gourdon, the talking pumpkin, at Holiday World’s Happy Halloween Weekends. Make sure you have tons of fun – this is the last operating weekend of the season!
- Treat yourself to the flavors of fall at Santa’s Candy Castle. Choose from over 30 varieties of sweet, creamy hot chocolates. The caramel apple popcorn will tantalize your taste buds!
- Finish your day with Halloween events, Santa’s Haunted Church and All Hallows’ Eve, at the Santa Claus Museum & Village. Take a ghostly, guided tour around the village. Later, listen closely as storyteller Susan Fowler holds a lantern-lit reading of The Legend of Sleepy Hollow inside the historic Santa Claus Church. Afterwards, the Headless Horseman will make an appearance!
- Add a little history and educational fun to your holiday weekend. Spend the day at Lincoln Pioneer Village & Museum during the annual Fall Heritage Days Rendezvous. The village comes alive with costumed interpreters, an encampment, demonstrators, and more.
- Check out Kid’s Days at Pumpkins and More Farm Market. The free event features hayrides and seasonal kid’s activities like pumpkin bowling and pumpkin checkers.
- Complete your Halloween weekend with candy! Yellig Park Trick-Or-Treat is ideal for kids of all ages, and also features inflatables for kids before the trick-or-treating begins.
Don’t wait to plan your trip full of frights and delights under the moonlight! Your family will make priceless memories during Halloween in America’s Christmas Hometown.