Giving gifts is one of the best parts of the holiday season. There’s nothing more satisfying than watching someone delightfully open a thoughtful gift you picked out.
But, sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.
Find the perfect present for everyone on your list with this gift-giving guide:
You can always find this person in the great outdoors, or trying something new. Give them the gift of an experience.
- Purchase an annual state park permit to use at Lincoln State Park where they can choose from over 10 miles of trails to hike.
- The adventurer will love Santa’s Express Ziplines at Santa’s Lodge. Get them a gift certificate to use when the ziplines open in the spring.
- They will definitely enjoy a pass to Lincoln Boyhood National Memorial. The national park boasts hiking trails, a museum inside the Visitor’s Center, and the Living Historical Farm where they’ll learn all about Abe’s childhood in Indiana.
There’s nothing wrong with enjoying the finer things in life! Offer this person a taste of Spencer County with any of these gifts.
- Give them something to sip on with wine from Pepper’s Ridge Winery or wine and spirits from Monkey Hollow Winery and Distillery. Not sure if they prefer red or white? Both wineries have gift certificates available as well.
- Variety is the spice of life. Choose from several local restaurants that offer gift certificates including The Rustic, Jenks Pizza, Frosty’s Fun Center, St. Nick’s Restaurant, and The Chateau.
- If you’re looking for something a little more farm-to-table, check out Pumpkins and More Farm Market. Put together a gift basket with locally sourced items like honey, jams and jellies, dried oregano, organic cheeses, and much more.
Whether you have toddlers or teenagers, you will find the perfect gift for your kids in Santa Claus, Indiana!
- Start a tradition by giving a little one a special, personalized ornament each year. They’ll love having something of their own to hang on the tree! Find plenty of options at the Santa Claus Christmas Store and Evergreen Boutique & Christmas Shop.
- Santa’s TOYS has all types of toys to choose from, and you can order online, too.
- Santa’s Candy Castle is the perfect stop for stocking stuffers! Or, consider giving them an experience. Enjoy some one-on-one time at Santa’s Candy Castle where you can choose from over 30 gourmet hot chocolate flavors.
Sometimes giving in honor of someone is the best gift of all. Donate to any of these local not-for-profits that make our community such a great place to visit.
- The Santa Claus Museum & Village is dedicated to preserving the history of Santa Claus, Indiana, and Santa’s Elves make sure every letter to Santa Claus gets answered. Donate here.
- For the last 30 years, audiences have been captivated by Lincoln’s Indiana story at Lincoln Amphitheatre. The majestic 1,500-seat outdoor venue is located inside Lincoln State Park in the woods Abe Lincoln walked as a boy. You can donate online here.
- Peek into pioneer life on the Indiana frontier at the Lincoln Pioneer Village & Museum. The museum houses hundreds of artifacts, including a hutch built by Thomas Lincoln. The Friends of Lincoln Pioneer Village is a group dedicated to furthering the Lincoln Pioneer Village & Museum’s mission. Monetary donations can be sent to: Friends of the Lincoln Pioneer Village & Museum, 928 Fairground Drive, Rockport, IN 47635.
Maybe you want to surprise your family with something extra special, or you’re looking for a gift to give to a family near and dear to yours.
- Consider a gift certificate for an overnight accommodation. Choose from several lodging options that fit the family’s needs.
- A season pass to Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari is a gift that keeps on giving. Countless memories will be made, and there are even different options to choose from!
- The whole family will enjoy a trail ride at Santa’s Stables. There is no weight limit, and special needs riders can be accommodated, too. Santa’s Stables doesn’t open until spring, but this one is worth the wait.
Now that everyone on your list is covered, it’s time to gift yourself something! Check out all local shopping here.