This Valentine’s Day, get out of town with someone you love… even if it’s your girlfriends, your siblings, the kiddos, your spouse of over forty years, or whoever else it is that makes your heart feel happy.
It’s time to swap candy, cards, and chocolate and opt for an unforgettable experience. Did you know it’s proven that experiencing new things together can deepen a relationship? After all, the scent of flowers will fade away, but a memory made exploring a new place or enjoying down time out in the county will not!
Here are some ideas to help inspire your Valentine’s Day Getaway:
- Check into the adorable, yet modern, Corner House Bed & Breakfast. With only three guest rooms total, it’s a dreamy, private hideaway tucked between rolling forested hills and wide open farmland. You and—well, whomever!– will enjoy your own private bathroom, fluffy white robes, a hot tub situated amongst the trees, flat screen TVs, Wi-Fi, and waking up to a hearty, homemade breakfast. For a complete list of local lodging options, click here.
- From Corner House, you can take a short stroll down a peaceful gravel road to Pepper’s Ridge Winery. Enjoy complimentary wine tasting and great hospitality or dance the evening away to live music on most Saturdays. Monkey Hollow Winery is less than a thirty-minute drive so you can experience all varieties of our locally grown and produced wines.
- Enjoy the great outdoors at Lincoln State Park and discover Indiana’s past throughout several trail options and two scenic lakes. Explore the interactive pioneer exhibits at the Nature Center and discover what’s inside each of the terrariums!
- Shop! From the fun and exciting Santa’s TOYS to the delightful Evergreen Boutique & Christmas Shop, there are shopping options no matter who you brought along with you.
- Stop in Frosty’s Fun Center for a delicious lunch (we’re big fans of their pizza!) and battle it out on one of the arcade games, and then make up over ice cream because the competition got so intense.
These are just a few of the many things you can do in this area during February to celebrate the “month of love.” Use the “My Trip Planner” tool to plan the perfect Valentine’s Day getaway that matches your interests.