There are few things in life that are as relaxing as being snuggled up with your loved ones watching the newest movies under a blanket of stars. If you’re in the area and wondering what to do, we’d highly recommend spending an evening at our local Holiday Drive-In Theater. At the drive-in, it’s more than just a movie—it’s truly an unbeatable experience.
Here are eight things you may not have known about our local drive-in:
- There are only about 300 drive-in movie theaters left in the United States. We’re lucky to have such a novelty in the area!
- You get to see two movies for the price of one admission.
- There are five different screens and each one plays a different movie, so that’s 10 different movies to choose from.
- It opened in 1955 and is now one of the oldest drive-in movie theaters still in operation.
- While other drive-ins are trickling out, they’re growing. Last year, they transitioned to digital projection and now a sixth screen is being added.
- The concession stands are like enjoying a full-course meal (if that’s what you want to call having a whole dill pickle for an appetizer, a juicy burger for your entrée, a cold soda, and a sno-cone for dessert). Oh, and we can’t forget the popcorn! There’s definitely plenty of buttery, movie theater style popcorn awaiting your arrival.
- If that doesn’t sound appealing to you, then you may also be interested in knowing that you can bring your own coolers and you can conveniently purchase bags of ice on site at the drive-in.
- Several times throughout the summer they host a special event known as “Dusk Till Dawn.” You’ll pay for a regular movie ticket but will be able to watch as many movies as you want from dusk until dawn, or however long you can keep your eyes open!