November is that exciting time of the year when we can still embrace everything fall has to offer, and the upcoming Christmas season all at once.
November is also a time of the year to gather with friends and family. Whether you’re meeting friends for a hike, taking the kids to a drive-through light adventure, or experiencing typical frontier living, there are plenty of opportunities to gather this month.
You can’t miss these November events:
- Santa’s jolly elf, Mick Foley, will visit the Santa Claus Museum & Village for An Evening with Saint Mick: A Book Signing and Conversation with Mick Foley.
- Feel good about your breakfast! The Optimist Club Annual Pancake Breakfast is a family-friendly event benefitting the local community.
- Pay tribute to all veterans and service men and women including all branches of the Armed Forces, Police, Fire, EMS, and EMT at the first Grandview Veteran’s Day Parade.
- Enjoy the timeless beauty and priceless history at Lincoln Boyhood National Memorial without the entrance fee during the Fee-Free Veteran’s Day Weekend event.
- You too can experience what it was like during the dark nights of typical frontier living at the Candlelight Walk inside Lincoln Boyhood National Memorial. Lanterns will light the way as you discover the Living Historical Farm at night.
- Experience the largest campground light show in North America at the Santa Claus Land of Lights inside Lake Rudolph Campground & RV Resort. Brilliant LED lights tell the shining story of Rudolph in the 1.2-mile drive through light show that opens Thanksgiving night.
- At Santa’s Candy Castle, take your kiddos to Chat with an Elf on the North Pole Network. This unique opportunity allows kids to tell Santa what they want for Christmas and find out if they are on Santa’s Good List.
- Santa’s famous sidekicks will be at Santa’s TOYS during the Live Reindeer Exhibit. And, you can get a head start on Christmas shopping while you’re there!
- Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire is a centuries-old Christmas tradition many of us haven’t experienced in person. This free, family-friendly event is interactive, too! Try roasting the chestnuts yourself for a great photo opportunity, (use #SantaClausIndiana in your posts to show us your photos!) and give the roasted chestnuts a taste test.
Events, activities, and classic family traditions await you and your family in Santa Claus, Indiana, and sights throughout Lincoln’s Indiana Boyhood Home.