Alas! Daffodils have been spotted! We’re welcoming March with open arms knowing that April is right around the corner. Although there are plenty of local things to do in the winter, we still find ourselves counting down to the events and the seasonal reopenings of various attractions. There’s so much to look forward to as spring approaches!
DATES YOU’LL WANT TO KNOW:
- On March 31, the Holiday Drive-In Movie Theatre reopens for the season! Imagine the smell of buttery popcorn mixed with the spring fragrances of fresh-cut grass and blooming flowers, listening to the crickets under a blanket of stars awaiting the newest film to begin on the big screen. It’s an experience you don’t want to miss.
- On April 1, you can officially get back in the saddle at Santa’s Stables (pun intended). Picture yourself throwing your leg up and over a horse named Donut and settling into the comfy saddle as you begin your ride through the beautiful, budding spring scenery.
- On April 9, the reenactors return to the Living Historical Farm, bringing activities from the pioneer era back to life. Envision walking in the very footsteps of Abraham Lincoln as period-dressed reenactors are busy planting seeds for the season or sheering sweet sheep to rid them of their heavy winter wool. The reenactors are knowledgeable and a blast to be around. You’ll experience first-hand what life was like for the Lincoln family in the 1800s as they carved their lives here in southern Indiana.
- On April 15-16 and 22-23, you can celebrate National Parks Week Weekends (need to add this event on our website so I can link it) at Lincoln Boyhood National Memorial fee free! This National Park offers a glimpse into the young pioneer life of our 16th president through the Living Historical Farm, a film and exhibits in the Visitors Center, and along the park’s scenic trails.
- On April 29, Holiday World reopens! Imagine the taste of warm, delicious funnel cake on a sunny day, the air filled with children’s laughter and exhilarating shrieks as Thunderbird launches, going from zero to 60 MPH in only 3.5 seconds.
And the best part? In April, you can do more than just imagine these fun-filled activities! They can be your reality.
Just talking about it all has us super excited for next month. And now that you’re aware of these important dates, you can start planning your trip! Use our “My Trip Planner” tool to start building your trip with places to stay, things to do, and much more.