This post was updated for August 2017.
It’s hard to believe that there are only a few weeks of summer remaining. It can be hard to fit fun and family time into busy, back-to-school schedules.
These activities will entertain the whole family:
1. Make sure you get your Christmas wishes to Santa; the year is halfway over! You can write a free letter at Santa Claus Museum & Village.
2. The thrill hills of Thunderbird at Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari will leave a lasting summer memory.
3. View sheep, horses, cows, and more during your trip to the Living Historical Farm at Lincoln Boyhood National Memorial. The Living Historical Farm is open year round and occupied with farm animals through September.
4. Indulge in tasty ice cream, unique specialty pizzas, and play a few arcade games at Frosty’s Fun Center.
5. Travel back in time at Lincoln Pioneer Village & Museum, where you’ll find 13 Lincoln-era replica cabins and a museum full of hundreds of artifacts.
7. At Lincoln State Park your family will love swimming, boating, fishing, or simply lounging on the beach at Lake Lincoln. And you’ll definitely want to stop by the beautiful and educational Lincoln Bicentennial Plaza!
8. Visit the jolly guy himself at the Santa Claus Christmas Store. Santa loves visiting with families from all over!
9. Make snow at Santa’s Candy Castle, chat with an elf on the North Pole Network, or try some delicious frozen hot chocolate.
10. Educational fun awaits you at Lincoln Boyhood National Memorial. Learn about Lincoln’s family as you tour the museum, see a film, and walk the trails at this national park.
11. Treat yourself at Evergreen Boutique & Christmas Shop to holiday items as well as home decor and contemporary women’s clothing.
12. Socks, Shorty, and Donut are just a few of the friendly horses awaiting your visit to Santa’s Stables. Ride horseback through the sprawling countryside and take in the scenic views. There are even pony rides available for the little ones!
13. Check out Pumpkins & More Farm Market, a local farm market stocked with fresh produce and homemade goodies.
14. Choose from thousands of ornaments at the Santa Claus Christmas Store and have it personalized (for free!) for the perfect souvenir from your trip.
15. The breathtaking views of Saint Meinrad Archabbey are a must see on your trip. Enjoy the intricate architecture of the historic buildings and outdoor sculptures.
16. Soak up the last of golfing season at Christmas Lake Golf Course, one of Indiana’s ten most challenging courses. Juniors are also welcome at this course.
17. Grab some popcorn and kick back under the stars while you catch a movie at Holiday Drive-In. The price is only $9 for adults and $5 for kids and includes two movies. Holiday Drive-In is open on weekends until September 30, 2017.
18. Santa’s Express Ziplines will definitely entertain the family with paddle boats, a rock climbing wall, bungee trampoline, and zip lines.
19. Your little ones will definitely want to stop by Santa’s TOYS! Browse over 3,000 toys, including STEM toys, at the only toy store in Santa Claus, Indiana.
20. Check out our event page full of fairs and festivals, concerts, and more family-friendly outings.