Just because summer has ended doesn’t mean the fun stops. We are fortunate to experience all four seasons in our little corner of the world and there are plenty of family-friendly activities to enjoy throughout fall. Here are fifteen ideas to get you started, but keep your eyes peeled for more to come:
- Enjoy wine, big band and jazz classics, and one of the most scenic outdoor venues in Indiana! The Lincoln Amphitheatre will be hosting Cool City Band plus a wine tasting from all the wineries that form the Hoosier Wine Trail.
- Visit Pumpkins and More for yummy autumn food and décor or take part in their Annual Pumpkin Painting Days.
- Take advantage of free admission to Lincoln Boyhood National Memorial on National Public Lands Day. The leaves are just starting to change and the temperature is perfect for
exploring Lincoln’s boyhood home.
- Experience the gorgeous fall foliage while horseback riding at Santa’s Stables.
- Happy Halloween Weekends at Holiday World includes many of the rides you love plus plenty of seasonal activities, including corn mazes, hay rides, and more.
- Escape to Lake Rudolph Campground & RV Resort for seven weekends of Halloween family fun. Don’t forget your costume!
- Taste delectable fall flavors from Santa’s Candy Castle. Our mouths are watering just thinking about crunchy popcorn with caramel apple flavoring, salt water taffy that tastes like candy corn, and pumpkin-flavored cocoa.
- Be mesmerized by the light show during the “Pink Droyd: The North American Theatrical Pink Floyd Concert” at Lincoln Amphitheatre.
- Take a stroll through the Spencer County October Fest for pumpkin painting, kids fall crafts, a derby, tons of great festival food, and more.
- Join the fun and celebrate Mt. Zion’s 36th Applefest. Don’t forget to check out Indiana’s largest apple pie!
- Visit one (or both!) of our local wineries, Pepper’s Ridge Winery and Monkey Hollow Winery. The changing season brings a new lineup of wines that pair perfectly with falling leaves, crackling fires, and sweater-wearing days.
- Bring the whole family to the Fall Heritage Days Rendezvous at Lincoln Pioneer Village & Museum as the village comes to life with reenactors, pioneer demonstrations, kids activities, and more.
- Now that the temperature is much more bearable, you can channel your inner adventurer at Santa’s Express Zip Lines, rock wall climbing, and bungee trampolines.
- Walk one (or all six) of the beautiful trails at Lincoln State Park. Can you imagine the breathtaking view from atop the Fire Tower during this time of year?
- Take in the crisp fall air as you tour the grounds of the awe-inspiring Saint Meinrad Archabbey.
Check out our “My Trip Planner” tool to start planning your fall getaway. Follow any of the links above and once on the page, click “Add to Planner” to start creating your trip. For more information about the “My Trip Planner” tool, click here.